05 July, 2011

Leadership potential training

I think one of the greatest things that might come out of the interactions in this game is the opportunities for people to lead other people.  I have been playing through the Valkyria Chronicles on the PS3 lately, and I was thinking about how the strategy is easy when I'm able to control all of the members of a squad one at a time.  In real life people don't always do exactly what you expect or desire.  I have found that this is often the case in MMO's, and while it is frustrating at times successfully pulling off an operation is a very satisfying feeling.  Also people need to be defeated every so often, which is something that video games in and of themselves aren't very good at.  When you are facing a worthy adversary and the battle isn't going in your favor then people can learn the most of what it is that they must work on in order to be better.  This is something I really hope to pull together well.

No comments:

Post a Comment