10 July, 2011

How many materials?

Something I've been struggling with is the whole concept of material collection and how to make it at least a little more challenging.  Some thoughts I have had include have a set amount each block can produce until the area is reset.  Another is having a set amount that it can produce in a given time period, like 50 in one day.  Or I can just make it so that a player will be able to harvest an unlimited amount from any node, but the amount they can carry is limited to say stacks of 9 per inventory slot.  I'm sure that this is something that will get sorted out as I start to make the game, just something I need to think through now.

Related to this is the amount of materials needed to make things.  I am probably going to go through crafting recipes one item at a time in posts so I will have it to refer back to.  This will mean a lot of posts about very specific details, which I would like to have in place for everything before I start the programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment