14 July, 2011

The first Character mesh

Ok so here is the first, and not very good I might say, character I want to use in the game.  I'm thinking that this is what the standard soldier will look like.  In making this character I was thinking about how this game needs to have more of the bee influence.  And so when creating the "suit" that all of the players are put into I thought that the bees would "anthropomorphize" the suit giving it a bee face.  The antennae serve as actual radio antennae that will allow players to communicate in a hex field as long as there is a communication structure up.  The mandibles are just the bee's way of making us feel like one of them.  At any rate I have a working mesh that I am going to work on setting up rigging on.  I think the process for future models will go much more smoothly now that I actually have gone through the process.
Also going along with the bee theme I have decided to change a few of the names I have used so far.  Soldier will stay soldier since their main function is attack and do military actions.  Scout also seems to fit, but builder I think I will change to worker.  Worker bees do mostly support type work in hives and I think that it fits better.

No comments:

Post a Comment