02 July, 2011

A blue Axe

Ok to show everyone that I have been learning a little bit in the mean time I have created my first 3d melee weapon.  I think it turned out fairly nice, though I am a little biased.  This was created in Blender, which is not the easiest program to use.  Anyway this is the builder's melee weapon, and I will make a corresponding green and red one for the other classes.  I'm not even sure I will be able to utilize this yet, but I think the experience is good all the same.  I now have a lot more respect for 3d modelling, which I'm guessing by the end of my studies I will have a healthy respect for each and every job in the gaming industry.

1 comment:

  1. You now officially know more about Blender than I do. I have tried on several occasions to learn that program. Unfortunately, the learning curve for it is not friendly to those of us who got our start in 3D Studio and SketchUp.

    ReplyDelete