04 July, 2011

The crash

It would appear that all of my exploration and downloading things has caught up with me.  My computer has crashed, and all I can say is that I am very thankful that I got the idea to document this process online.  I'm not sure what I'll be able to salvage from my old files, and I need to get a recovery disk from somewhere since I am not able to find mine.  I have a growing distrust of hard drives and the more I hear of cloud computing the more I think that it is a really good idea.  I know that means that all of my information will be out on someone else's computer, but at least I won't have to worry about my personal computer taking a dive like it just did.  Anyway I'm sure that my progress will be slowed dramatically until I can get my computer back up and running.  I have a laptop that I'm working from now that isn't nearly so powerful, but I can still do some reading on it at least.  So till next time.

1 comment:

  1. Blender should still be able to run and edit those low-poly models you've been doing, even on an older laptop. Also, Sketchup works fine with fewer resources, though not on large models. You can save models in the Collada format to open them in Blender later.

    ReplyDelete