28 July, 2011

A 3d triangle block

Yes that right I have finally perfected for use the triangle block.  I even was able to do an UV unwrap so I can paint textures onto it.  And so begins the lovely process of material creation.  As I finish each one I'll post it here for inspection.  This block has the UV test grid displayed on it to show how all of the squares are nice and well, square.  As soon as I get a nice processed metal look I'll also start making structures.  I'm thinking I will need to do some sort of special graphic so one will be able to tell the structures apart.  I have an idea of and electric doorway for the teleporter, and the class change will display a wireframe hologram of a character so it will be clear what it is for.  The communications array will have nice glowing towers, and I'm not sure that I will need to do anything special for healing and shield structures since they will be an area effect and players won't have to do anything to interact with them.  At any rate I'm going to get started making blocks now.

No comments:

Post a Comment