29 June, 2011

Whose legacy to follow

Today's question goes like this:
Where will you fall on the "MUD/MMO genealogical tree"? Which will you take inspiration from? Which will you try to differ from?


I'd like to think that I am being original in my game design, though I must admit that I am not doing anything entirely original.  From MMO's I am borrowing from Aion, mainly in the area of crafting.  I am also specifically doing things that are inspired from a great dislike of the same game, namely that skill had very little to do with being competitive and levels and gear always trumped.  I am inspired by the originality of games like Minecraft and the simplicity of games like Ace of Spades.  The real time strategy I'm hoping to use is going to be an extremely watered down version of Starcraft or Command and Conquer.  In short I'm being inspired by a great many different sources, so much so that this game won't really be considered as being a copy of any one of them.  Like I have said before, if there is already such a game, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment