29 June, 2011

To do list

I was thinking that I should make a list of everything that I am currently aware of that will need to occur in order for the game to become reality.

  1. Learning programming or hiring a programmer
  2. Learning database software and setting up a database for the game
  3. Learning server functionality and setting up a server, keeping it secure and functioning with minimal downtime.
  4. Determining the amount of bandwidth necessary for 1200 players to be able to connect and play in 1 hex field, or in the game period.
  5. Finding a publisher or figure out how to self publish the game
  6. Learn marketing in order to attract potential customers
  7. Learn about 3d game production and design
  8. Set up a website complete with forums, all that must be moderated
  9. Possibly create a company, complete with taking out loans for start up costs, etc...
  10. Convince at least a portion of the video game market that this game is worth devoting time to
I'm sure this list will grow over time as these are just what I have already realized.  The good news is that much of this can be learned, it will just take a long time by myself.  I guess I'll go get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment