25 August, 2011

School update

So I have finished my first week of classes and I'm feeling very confused.  School is looking like it will not be so straight forward as I had hoped it would be, but it is not hopeless.  I imagine I'll feel much better after I have a few more weeks under my belt.  In the mean time I need to start thinking about school projects, and being naturally lazy I would like to relate them to this game as much as possible so I at least have an idea of what to do when I need to sit down and start coding.

So in C++ I plan on doing some sort of player registration where one inputs several variables like their real name, a preferred in game name which has to be checked for availability, and an email address which has to be in the correct format.  Apparently this class doesn't deal with a graphical use interface or GUI so I'm going to have to do it all from the command prompt.  At least it is a step in the right direction.

As far as Java goes I think I prefer the syntax of C++ to it and so I'll be keeping the projects in that class as basic as possible.  It is a beginning programming class anyway, so I don't see us getting to the point where we can do anything of any substance by the end of the class anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment