23 August, 2011

AI

So after a few of my classes I'm thinking that this project will need to include artificial intelligence of some sort.  I think I would like to do simple sentry tower that will randomly appear in certain areas which fire at players who come into their line of fire.  I think that I would like to do a simple spotlight pattern that indicates where their attention is focused.  Scouts will be able to hack these devices provided that they can get around to the back side, and just like anything else that can be hacked they can either make them friendly to their faction or destroy them and get the recipe for making them.  In this way there could be simple auto defense for bases so they don't always have to be guarded.  They will have a spotlight of the color of the faction that they are programmed for and they will be white if they are found in the wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment