29 October, 2012

Problem with trying to use Voxels and triangles

So I've encountered a little bit of a problem when it comes to using the voxel mindset with triblocks.  The problem is that I need each and every triblock to have it's own unique ID, yet if  I try to use a single point for each triblock only half of the triblocks would be represented.  Voxel engines are very efficient because each voxel is basically one point which is either filled or not filled (it is possible to attach other information to them, but that isn't the problem as much.)  I suppose that one thing I could do is for any given point there would be the up triblock and the down triblock.  So the final title for the triblock would be something like x200y46z300up.  Ok I'm glad we had this chat as I no longer have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment