29 October, 2012

My First Screenshot

So I realize this has been a long time coming, but I am finally able to post a screen shot showing I am indeed making progress.  I know it may not look like much now, but the foundation for my game is laid out here.  This is a hexagonal room with the triangles on top and bottom and squares on the sides, meaning that it is possible to program.  I still have a long way to go, but it feels good to have something up.  In the program I have a working first person camera with WASD motion going on and the mouse being used to look around.  Thanks to lighthouse3d.com for a good tutorial to get me started.  If anyone wants the executable just let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! This brings up a lot of questions:

    How well will this scale?

    How much data is required for each triangular square (especially after texturing)?

    Did you write everything from scratch, or did you start with a premade game engine?

    Also, I love the snowmen.

    ReplyDelete