07 November, 2011

Discipline

I am home sick today and so I think I will take some time to post a little something.  I am a little concerned with my level of discipline related to programming.  I have been getting the concepts well enough when I look at examples of programming, and I have been able to write short programs well enough.  The problem comes when I need to work on programming for an extended period of time.  I quickly become disinterested as it is something akin to writing a paper.  I know that the end product will be a (hopefully) enjoyable gaming experience, it's just a rather long and tedious process getting there.  I'm also running into the problem of feeling overwhelmed and inadequate all at once.  I know that I don't have to do it all at once, but at this point I have been having a hard time just keeping up with my classwork let alone working on this game.  Granted I took a rather heavy load this semester and I hope that future semesters won't be quite so cerebral, but from what I have heard graduate school is all about pushing ones brain to the limit.

At any rate I think that I have the basic concepts for the game set out, and now I need to move into the implementation phase.  I will work on getting textures and models during my school breaks.  I am learning a lot of good and useful things despite my feeling of inadequacy.  Thanks for your patience those who are sticking with me on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment