20 September, 2011

Programming is a lot of work

I have to take my hat off to all of the programmers out there who make things like the internet and computers possible.  Programming is fairly challenging and I think under appreciated work.  I have been doing homework assignments for simple things like minor calculations, and realizing just how much math and programming it takes just to do simple things like graphics and game physics is pretty mind boggling.  I now understand a little better why people say to start out with a small project and forget the big ambitious plans.  I still want to complete this goal, but after over a month of school I feel like I'm not any closer to realizing this project.  I know that I will need to take years to get it right, but I need to do some serious planning way above and beyond where I'm at now.  On the plus side I am getting valuable information on how to create complex programs.  I'm going to be pretty busy with homework in the mean time, so for the few followers I have just know that I may have some pretty long breaks between posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment