14 December, 2011

End of the semester report

Well I made it to the end of the semester and I think I have learned some valuable information.  I will most likely concentrate on C++ or C# as the language, as Java has many drawbacks for games(memory management, having to run on virtual machine, etc...).  I still would like to stay away from Microsoft if at all possible, one because I think there is a potential for a lot of players on Linux and Mac, and two I just don't like Microsoft, but C# is Microsoft's baby.  I do have to admit that the XNA Game studio library that comes with Visual Studio makes the process of implementation much easier.  I'm fairly tuckered out from a rather stressful semester though so I may not do any work on this until after Christmas.  Have a happy holiday to everyone who happens upon this.

P.S. I got A's and B's with the exception of one F in an unimportant class.  I found that I simply didn't have the time and wear with all to keep up in all of my classes.  Next semester luckily will be much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment